Get to know a more about...
Nikki Knudson-Dalal, MA, LMFT, LADC
I have been working and volunteering in the mental health/social service field since 1993. Some of my clinical experience includes working with couples and families in substance abuse clinics, group homes with adults with developmental disabilities, correctional settings, supportive housing for long term homeless, and providing group facilitation/education on chemical health. As a marriage and family therapist and alcohol and drug counselor, I am able to integrate my knowledge of substance abuse and addiction issues and how it affects relationships and the family.
When doing therapy I mainly use a combination of, Strength Based, Client-Centered and Solution-Focused approaches. By this, I mean I will assist you in coming up with your own solutions and ideas for personal insight, change and growth.
I also aim to create a safe and comfortable environment, where you can freely discuss the topics/issues in your life that you see as important and valuable to discuss with me.
· Master of Arts- Marriage and Family Therapy, Argosy University- Eagan, MN
· Bachelor of Science- Corrections, Minnesota State University-Mankato
· Metropolitan State University- St. Paul, MN-Completed Alcohol and Drug Counseling courses for licensure
My areas of special focus are in, but not limited to the following areas:
· Chemical Dependency/Addiction/Recovery (Individuals, Couples and Families)
· Health Care Professionals dealing with mental health and/or chemical health concerns
· Chemical Health Assessments
· Individuals who have experienced Incarceration/Criminal Justice System (Ex-offenders)
· Self- Esteem/Self-Confidence
· Relationship Issues
· LGBTQ/Same Sex Relationships